2014 scrapbook, 25 before 25, all my lipsticks, all my nail varnishes, avatar gif, blog series, book catalogue, cool people i know, don't wanna go outside, drawing every day, drawing prompts, endless cups of tea, Finnish diary, flawless, getting out of the house, grappling, growing my nails, handmade clothing, handmade pasta, high tea, i woke up like this, jiu jitsu, lifting, lifting bodyweight, lipstick, macaron, macaron cookbook, meaningful employment, moomin, moominpap, Muumipappa ja meri, Muumit, nail varnish, NaNoWriMo, novel, pottery class, publishing in academia, pumpkin ravioli is amazing, safari, sailor moon gif, scrapbook, short stories, sloth, sloths are cute, suomen päiväkirja, tanzania safari, tea reviews, thesis defence, thinking about things is also a talent, visiting new places, weekly blog
So it’s nice to be ambitious but I maybe bit off a bit too much with the 12 before 24 stuff. But I’m going to set more goals and not meet them all because that’s what life is about, isn’t it? Right? Right? Maybe.
Without further waffling, here is my hopefully somewhat realistic list of 25 goals, not in order of importance at all because that would take way too much time:
2. Read Muumipappa ja meri (Moominpapa and the Sea) in Finnish: I bought the book with Kimmo in Vaasa with the full intention of reading it by the end of the year. I also have the English version now so reading it might be easier. I hope. Maybe.
3. Following that Finnish goal, write one or two sentences in a little Finnish “diary” every day or so: I did this when I was taking Finnish. I will write mostly entries about my day, but I might write longer things when I have time, perhaps about feelings or some other boring stuff like that.
4. Keep a scrapbook from January 2014 to January 2015: I’ve already started it in a very cute flower notebook. I have tried to keep scrapbooks before, but always forgotten to keep those scraps of ephemera to put in it.
5. Get all of my lifts to at least bodyweight, if not higher: I want to be stronger. This is probably going to be harder for some lifts than others (e.g. bench)
6. Improve my jiu jitsu and grappling: I just want to get better, because I think it’s fun, but being kind of ok at stuff is also fun.
7. Catalogue my books: I have too many books and cataloguing them will probably help me slim down my collection and prevent myself from buying a duplicate.
8. Make myself an item of clothing: I want to make something, either knitted or sewn. Mum can help <_<
9. Visit a country I haven’t been to before: Any country, anywhere, that I haven’t visited.
10. Finish writing up my safari in Tanzania: Sorting through over a thousand pictures is tough, but what’s the point in taking so many and not sharing them?
11. Publish two to three papers: I have two that I have roughed out, so it’s a realistic goal. I hope.
12. Make macarons at least twice: I was given a macaron cookbook for Christmas and I really should use it.
13. Start the blog series I’ve wanted to start for a while: What is the plural of series anyways? Serieses? That’s definitely wrong. I think it’s already a plural… anyways, I want to do two: Cool People I Know and one which I actually just forgot right now because I possibly have early-onset Alzheimer’s.
14. Improve my plank, because it’s pretty pathetic: Imight take a cue from the “30 day plank challenge” that someone or other posted on Facebook.
15. Do a pottery class: I’ve always been rather keen on this. I did some when I was little, and I’ve always wanted to do it again.
16. Wear all of my lipsticks at least once: By god I have a problem, and that problem is owning too many lipsticks because I like all the pretty colours
17. Wear all of my nail varnishes at least once: I guess it’s a repeat but I’m scraping the bottom of the barrel. Also I haven’t bought any new varnishes for a while. I have to find them in the basement.
18. Find some sort of meaningful employment: I have to wait to do my PhD until the next round of applications anyways, but I’m not going to let that get me down. I like working, so I’m going to find work.
19. Try to get out of the house more: Since I’ve moved back in with mum and dad I seem to be spending way too much time indoors at home. I feel like I might work better at cafés because people are watching.
20. Try to blog at least once a week: I know I’ve been neglecting the blog.. it seems that I’ve only really posted once a month, but once a week I think is eminently do-able.
21. Work on my short stories: I really like writing short stories, so I am going to try to write one every month and post it here.
22. Work on my novel outline and start writing, maybe for NaNoWriMo: I want to get that novel done. I’ve had the idea for years and years, and I outlined it in part during my driver’s ed. I might be ready in time for this year’s NaNoWriMo, since last year went so well (300/50,000 words). I won’t be working on a thesis, so I think it’s more attainable.
23. Review the teas I drink: I really like tea. A lot. And I own a lot of different teas. I want to review them on my blog, so that maybe if someone wants to try it, they can.
24. Make handmade pasta: I really have always wanted to make handmade pasta. I think it isn’t particularly difficult. I want to make some sort of stuffed pasta, because I love it (especially pumpkin ravioli!).
25. Successfully defend my Master’s thesis in the Spring: I want to be done before the summer starts, so I don’t have to have my defence hanging over me.
Anyways, this list took me over a month to write when I sat down to do it, two months after my birthday, but I feel like this year I want to focus on attainable goals, rather than loftier ones. I will write again soon, I promise.