2014 scrapbook, 25 before 25, Adventure Time gifs, all my lipsticks, all my nail varnishes, blog serieses, book catalogue, dealing with road rage, drawing every day, driving, endless cups of tea, England, Finnish diary, going outside is scary, handmade clothing, handmade pasta, I own too many pouches but all my things stay separate ok, jiu jitsu, Kavinsky, lifting, lifting bodyweight, macaron obsession, Manlorette party, meaningful employment, Moomins, Muumipappa ja meri, Muumit, nail varnish, novel, Occitane en Provence, places unknown, plank, pottery class, publishing in academia, scrapbook, Sephora, Sephora points are ridiculous, short stories, suomi, tanzania safari, tea reviews, thesis, weekly what hahaha oh man
I’m really into this song right now:
It’s from Adventure Time, which is a children’s TV show I like probably way too much. I also use way too many gifs on this blog from that show. Gifs like these:
I drove 260km today on the highway both ways which I feel is pretty impressive, seeing as I didn’t want to ever go on the highway two weeks ago. I’m a decent driver, I think.. I hope. I try to be considerate of all road users, but those behind me get impatient and sometimes honk…
The other day I went to Sephora to pick up yet more hair ties that mum and I really like, but they keep stretching out (like way too fast…) and getting lost. Also Brutus loves playing with them. I unfortunately don’t have an illustrative video of it, so you’ll have to take my word on that one.
I realised that I’ve saved over 1000 Sephora points, which is probably super shameful, though I have been saving them over 5 years, and it works out to a slightly more reasonable $200/year, some of which is from my mum (and some of which is gifts!), who doesn’t have her own Sephora card. I decided to take the plunge and spend 500 of those points on a cute Occitane en Provence set, which included five little products which I hope will be good for the plane. I got a free face cream from Occitane with a magazine in August (British magazines always include presents and it always disappoints me that they never do here) which I quite liked. The set comes with a shea butter hand cream, almond delicious hands (sounds a bit like they threw darts at a board to name this, but apparently it’s supposed to be reminiscent of macarons), almond shower oil, verbena body lotion, and almond supple skin oil. I hope they will be useful in keeping my skin from desiccating on the plane.
The best part is that the set came with a cute little pouch that looks like a postcard. I like the pouch because it’s the perfect size for my phone. I try to always keep my phone in a pouch so it doesn’t get scratched or damaged.
I’m also really into music videos that include noise from the scene being acted out right now, especially this one that my friend sent me for “Odd Look” by Kavinsky:
Here’s hoping for a productive two days before leaving for England. I’ve reviewed my 25 before 25 in brief, and I’ve put the ones that I’ve actually made progress on in colour, so you can skip all the waffling about goals and junk.
- Drawing every day – Well, not quite, but I’m trying to draw as much as possible.
- Muumipappa ja meri– Haven’t started reading it yet
- Finnish diary – Not every day, but I’m writing every so often
- Scrapbook – Yes! It’s coming along
- Lifting bodyweight – It’s hard to maintain a consistent schedule since I don’t know where I’m going to live and I don’t want to commit to a year of gym time/money if I’m not going to be there to lift. I’m lifting as much as possible.
- Jiu jitsu/grappling – I’m getting a bit better. I’m working on it as much as I can. I’m probably still like, sub white belt level anyways.
- Cataloguing books – I need to find an app/scanner to make it easier.
- Make an item of clothing – I have plans and schemes and stuff but I haven’t started.
- Travel to an unvisited country – Not yet, no plans.
- Safari write up – Oooooopps. I’m just lazy. <_<
- Publish 2-3 papers – They’re not submitted yet
- Make macarons – When I’m back from England.
- Blog series – I started my tea reviews though that ties in with 23.. Soon, soon.
- Plank improvement – I have to start the plank challenge.
- Pottery class – When I get a job.
- Wear all my lipsticks – Doing it, but not documenting it, to Sharan’s chagrin.
- Wear all my nail varnishes – Doing it, but I pick at them and then they look bad. WHATEVER.
- Get meaningful employment – I’ll take anything to be honest, though I’m working on applications and hoping I come across as charming in 4 pages or less.
- Getting out of the house more – Now that I can drive, I’ve been going to the café and working on my thesis and stuff.
- Weekly blogs – Well you can see how that is going…
- Short stories – I am working on a few, but don’t feel like showing any yet.
- Outlining the novel – Putting all my papers together and hopefully will be able to do NaNoWriMo in November.
- Tea reviews- I have already written one and I have two more in draft form, just waiting for my photos to be put together and more details to be added from my notes.
- Handmade pasta- When I get my sweet job and move into my sweet apartment I hope to make this as a housewarming dish to serve to my lovely guests. Should probably look up vegan pasta too.
- Defending my thesis – Hopefully in mid to late May.
Maybe I’ll write more tomorrow, or in a month, or whatever. That’s the joy of reading my blog.